Changes to relief schemes in 2020/21
An announcement has been made that there will be further changes to Business Rate Reliefs for 2020/21. We are currently awaiting confirmation of the details of these changes and where necessary software changes to allow us to deliver these changes.
- Increasing the Pub Relief scheme to up to £5,000 for 2020/21
- Retail Rate Relief discount will be increased from 50% to 100% relief
- Retail Rate Relief discount will now be extended to additional sectors including:
- Properties being used for the provision of sport and leisure facilities used by and for viewing by members of the public
- Properties used for the assembly of members of public
- Properties being used for provision of living accommodation as a business
Until you are sent a new bill you must continue to make payments as requested on your most recent bill.