Support for carers of adults

The role of a carer can be rewarding yet challenging, but there is support available to help you in your caring role.

The carers assessment

The carers assessment has been designed so that we can assess the needs of  a carer. The assessment is used to determine the type of support you may need. After the assessment you will be assigned a social worker and together you will decide the support that you need. The social worker may signpost you to voluntary organisations who will be able to offer further advice and support. In some cases you may be eligible to receive a personal budget / carers grant to provide financial support.

Who can request an assessment?

The carers assessment is available to anyone who provides, or intends to provide, a regular and substantial amount of care to a vulnerable person living in Harrow. You can request an assessment even if the person you are caring for does not receive care or support from the council.

Request a carers assessment