If you would like to apply for a school clothing grant, and your child attends a school in Harrow, you will need to contact the school directly.
School clothing and related support can be obtained from the following:
- If you get any of the following you may be able to receive an interest free budgeting loan from the Social Fund to help with the cost of school clothing:
- Income-Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support or Pension Credit
- Some school governing bodies or parent's associations can help with school clothing provision. Their help comes from:
- stocks of second-hand clothing kept by some schools for pupils who fall within its criteria for help
- second-hand uniform shops where the clothing can be bought cheaply
- Various charities may be able to provide small grants to help with the cost of school uniforms. However this may take some time and can be subject to conditions. You may be able to apply to Harrow Mayor's Fund for a small grant. It is subject to availability via the Mayor's office.
- If you have a social worker they may be able to help.