Information supplied on your application will be used for registered purposes under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Harrow Council is a data controller under the Data Protection Act 2018 (the ‘DPA’). This means that we have a duty to protect your personal information and to process it in compliance with the DPA. Therefore when you apply for a school place we will only use the information you supply to us for specified purpose and we will only share it with others where the DPA allows us to do so.
We will enter any information you provide to us into a computerised database. We may also hold manual files.
The specified purposes are:
- To administer the admissions process
- To prevent or detect fraud or crime
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of any child
- For the exercise of out statutory functions
The people with whom we may share the information are:
- Other local authorities
- Other services that promote the welfare of children e.g. GP, health visitors, school nurses
- Any organisation with powers to investigate allegations of fraud, crime or child protection and safeguarding issues
- Other council departments
- Central Government, such as the Department for Education
- Other public bodies as appropriate where permitted or required by law
For additional information on Data Protection please see the privacy notice for education services.