Harrow Council staff are required to provide proof of identity and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance when visiting schools. This statement will provide clarity and assurance that employment checks have been carried out by the Local Authority. All school visits must be pre-arranged.
We can confirm that all social work staff, early intervention officers and school improvement officers employed by Harrow Council have been subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This applies to both locum and permanent staff in the positions of:
- Social Workers
- Social Work Assistants
- Early Intervention Workers
- Members of Harrow School Standards and Effectiveness (HSSE)
- Special Education Need Assessment & Review Service (SENARS)
- Educational Psychology Service (EPS)
- Advisory Teachers - Autism Spectrum
- Children's Sensory Team
- Divisional Directors
- Deputy Managers
- Team Managers
- Operations Managers
- Music Service Teachers and Tutors
- Schools Finance Team
- SIMS Team
All staff are required to provide proof of identity when they visit your school. We confirm that you should accept a photographic Harrow Council ID badge in this regard.