Your child will be entitled to free school meals if you receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income based Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Child Tax Credit - if your income is below £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on (this is paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
If you are receiving Working Tax Credit your child will not be entitled to free school meals.
To apply for free school meals your child has to attend a Harrow school and be aged between 5 and 18 years.
If you child moves to a different school you will need to update your details against their new school.
Funding for schools
If they qualify for free school meals the school which they attend could also benefit from up to £1320 additional funding to support their learning. For more information about the funding please contact the school.