To apply for free school meals your child must attend a Harrow school and be aged 5 to 18.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit. This applies if you’re not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your gross annual income less than £16,190.
- Working Tax Credit run-on. This is paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit. Your annual household income must be less than £7,400, after tax and not including any benefits you get.
If your child moves to a different school, you need to inform them your child receives free school meals. This is so that they can update your details.
Funding for schools
If your child gets free school meals, their school could receive up to £1320 additional funding to support their learning. For more information please contact the school which they attend.