You may want to receive advice from the planning department before you submit your application, if you're considering:
- an extension or alterations to your property
- starting a new business or improving an existing one
- considering a new build scheme
They can normally assit in the following ways:
- Save you time and money from refused or withdrawn planning applications; expensive planning appeals and a drawn out planning process
- Identifies the information requirements for planning applications
- Give you a without prejudice indication as to whether there is a likelihood that the planning authority would support your proposals
- Advice on any changes to your proposals that will improve its chances of being successful
- Reduce the amount of planning conditions on any permission
- Clarification of matters relating to your proposal and assistance with the planning process. For example: planning agreements, the decision making process, the community intrastructure levy (CIL).
- quicker planning decisions once you make an application
- direct contact and engagement with the case-officer who may be dealing with your application once it is submitted
You can make an application for planning advice through our pre application service. Advice will be given in writing, and the service can include a meeting to discuss your proposals directly with an officer for an additional fee.
The pre application advice and fee, relates to a single proposal and a single meeting.
Please note that multiple options under a single pre application will each incur a fee of half the pre application fee. In these cases the Council will contact you to confirm the calculated fee or that you confirm your primary option. An amendment to the current submission, and before the Council issues its written response will attract a fee of one third of the pre application fee.
The guidance given is informal advice and does not bind the Council in any future decision it makes. However, in our experience, where pre application advice is obtained and incorporated into any scheme, developments are more likely to obtain planning permission.
Planning and Building Control
Please use the details below for all enquiries regarding planning consent and building control, including any change of use or change to the outside appearance.Address: Civic 1