A local land charge search (domestic or commercial) will provide you with details of the various prohibitions and restrictions which may affect the use of a given property.
Searches are received from solicitors and estate agents on behalf of house sellers and purchasers.
Payment of searches is by card or cheque. Full searches are usually carried out within 5-6 working days.
Requesting a search
To request a personal search online you can email: [email protected]
Your request will be available 24 working hours after submitting it as long as it is submitted before 2.30 pm
When completed it can be collected from the reception desk at the Civic Centre (building 1), Station Road.
Local land charges
Please note that the fees below are valid as from 01 April 2019 and include VAT.
Any searches received after 31 March 2019 with incorrect fees or invalid request details will be returned.
- LLC1 form - £15
- LLC1 additional parcel - £12.50
- Con 29 form - £240 (inclusive VAT £40)
- Total fee official search - £255 (inclusive VAT £40)
- Con 29 additional parcel - £15 (inclusive VAT £2.50)
- Con 29 additional part 2 enquiry - £30.00 (inclusive VAT £5)
- Each additional non printed question - £36.00 (inclusive VAT £6)
HMRC has indicated that VAT on Con29 services must be implemented by 31 March 2017.