Complaints about licensed premises

We investigate licensing complaints such as activities being conducted without a licence or in breach of any licence conditions.

We will only investigate complaints where there is sufficient intelligence or evidence to justify an investigation.

In many cases the complaint may involve other teams within the council or our partners for example; under-age sales are generally investigated by Brent & Harrow Trading Standards.

Noisy premises may  be investigated by Environmental Health, but could also involve our Anti-Social Behaviour team and the police.

Counterfeit goods may be dealt with by trading standards, police and HM Revenue and Customs.

We will help you refer complaints to our partner agencies if they are the more appropriate organisation.

There are some complaints where we are not the enforcing body. We will not investigate complaints that do not involve licensing – for example, complaints about poor service or contract disputes.

Submit a complaint

Please download and complete the complaint form and send it to