We provide the following services in our children's libraries:
- Rhyme Time for under 5 year olds
- Storytimes for under 5s
- Storytimes for 4 - 7 year olds
- Chatterbooks reading groups for 8 -12 year olds
- Summer reading challenge every year - a fun way to read your way through the holidays
- Events during school holidays
- Books for homework, for fun, and free web resources
- Audio recordings and dual language books
- DVDs and videos
- Picture books and easy reading books
Rhyme time is a free service for under fives. It is a popular session for a fun and stimulating half hour of classic nursery rhymes, little stories and finger rhymes.
A great opportunity to meet other local parents and learn new songs that your children will love. You don't need to book a place to access the service, however places are limited.
The service is provided at all our libraries at the following times:
- Gayton library - Wednesday 11.00 - 11.30, Friday 11.00 -11.30
- Kenton library - Tuesday 11.00 - 11.30, Friday 11.30 -11.30
- Pinner library - Tuesday 10.30 - 11.00, Thursday 10.30 - 11.00
- Roxeth library - Thursday 14.15 -14.45
- Stanmore library - Tuesday 11.00 -11.30, Thursday 11.00 - 11.30
- Wealdstone library - Tuesday 11.00 -11.30, Thursday 11.00 - 11.30
Story time for under fives is available at the following libraries:
- Gayton library - Tuesday 14.30 - 15.00
- Pinner library - Friday 10.00 - 10.30
Story time for 4 - 7 year olds is available at Gayton library on Saturdays 11.00 - 11.30
Places are limited for the service and will be filled on first come, first served basis. During the school holidays, the service may be replaced with another children's event.
Chatterbooks reading groups
The chatterbooks reading group is designed to help children build a relationship with books. Children can talk about what they are reading, take part in fun activities inspired by the best children's books and choose new books to take home and read.
The service is available at Gayton, Roxeth and Pinner libraries.