We provide the following services in our children's libraries:
- Rhyme Time for under 5 year olds
- Storytimes for under 5s
- Storytimes for 4 - 7 year olds
- Chatterbooks reading groups for 8 -12 year olds
- Summer reading challenge every year - a fun way to read your way through the holidays
- Events during school holidays
- Books for homework, for fun, and free web resources
- Audio recordings and dual language books
- DVDs and videos
- Picture books and easy reading books
Please note while we are maintaining social distancing we have had to reduce attendance levels for our rhyme time sessions and for the time being these need to be booked in advance. To check availability and to book a space, please contact your local library.
Rhyme time is a free service for under fives. It is a popular session for a fun and stimulating half hour of classic nursery rhymes, little stories and finger rhymes.
A great opportunity to meet other local parents and learn new songs that your children will love. You don't need to book a place to access the service, however places are limited.
The service is provided at all our libraries at the following times:
- Greenhill Library - Wednesday 11.00 - 11.30
- Kenton Library - Tuesday 11.00 - 11.30
- Pinner Library - Thursday 10.30 - 11.00
- Roxeth Library - Thursday 11.00 - 11.30
- Stanmore Library- Thursday 11.00 - 11.30
- Wealdstone Library- Thursday 11.30 - 12.00
Story time for under fives will be coming back soon.
Chatterbooks reading groups
The chatterbooks reading group is designed to help children build a relationship with books. Children can talk about what they are reading, take part in fun activities inspired by the best children's books and choose new books to take home and read.
This service will be coming back in the near future.