Rent and mortgage arrears advice

If you are having problems paying your rent or mortgage you can contact our housing advice team. They will be able to provide you with professional advice for your situation.

If you are on a low income and need help to pay rent, you can check whether you qualify for:

If you have a mortgage check if you qualify for help towards mortgage interest payments.

Court representation

If you are facing homelessness or repossession of your property, we can help you with advice and representation at court. We can attend the hearing with you, represent you and help present your case to the court.

After the hearing the adviser will explain the terms of any order which the court has made. They may also refer you to other advice agencies for further help and guidance.


If you need help from an adviser at your repossession hearing, you can ask the court usher to direct you to the duty adviser. The duty adviser will assess your case and tell you what options or defences may be available to you.