The council faces a new range of challenges as a result of government plans to change the way affordable homes are developed, let and managed.
Demand for housing in the borough is increasing. In addition there have been changes to welfare benefits that affect people who live in affordable housing (renting from the council or a housing association) and private rented housing. We have carried out extensive consultation to create our housing strategies and policies for the future of housing in Harrow. The impact of our decisions is considered using equalities impact assessments. This ensures that our policies and services are fair and accessible to all communities and meet the needs and requirements of all our service users.
This is the London Borough of Harrow's Homes for Londoners Affordable Homes Programme 2021-2026 EDI Action Plan.
The housing strategy sets the overarching vision and objectives for housing in Harrow:
Housing allocation scheme
The housing allocation scheme outlines who gets social housing in Harrow:
- Housing allocations full scheme
- Housing allocations policy summary
- Housing allocations Equalities Impact Assessment
Tenancy strategy and policy
This document sets out the council’s approach to social housing tenancies in Harrow:
Homelessness and rough sleeping strategy
The homelessness strategy describes how we help homeless households, including those who will not be able to afford to live in Harrow as well as interim accommodation criteria where Harrow Council can place you:
- Homelessness and rough sleeping strategy
- Homelessness strategy Equalities Impact Assessment
- Temporary Accommodation Allocation Policy
Asset Management Strategy
- Asset Management Strategy 2022-26 see point 87 for the Housing Asset Management Strategy and Action Plan.