A Community Covenant is a statement of mutual support between civilian community and its local armed forces community. It is intended to complement the Armed Forces Covenant, which outlines the moral obligation between the Nation, the Government and the Armed Forces. It also sits alongside the Corporate Covenant, which is a pledge from businesses who wish to demonstrate their support for the Armed Forces Community.
Harrow is committed to ensuring that their contributions to this country are recognised and remembered, and to the principle that no-one should experience any disadvantage in accessing council services as a result of their armed services connections.
The aims of the Community Covenant are to:
- encourage local communities to support the Armed Forces Community in their area, and vice versa
- promote understanding and awareness among the public of issues affecting the armed forces community
- recognise and remember the sacrifices made by he armed forces community
- encourage activities which help to integrate the Armed Forces Community into local life
Further advice and support
- Royal British Legions is the UK's leading service charity. They provide practical care, advice and support to serving members of the Armed Forces, veterans of all ages and their families.
- SSAFA (Sailors, Soldiers and Families Association) is an Armed Forces charity which provides practical, emotional and financial support to anyone who is serving or has ever served and their families.
- Veterans Gateway provide advice and support to veterans and their families.