Stopping smoking is one of the most important and worthwhile decisions you will ever make. No matter how long you have smoked for, quitting can help both your physical and mental health immediately.
If you would like support to help you stop smoking contact the WDP Harrow Smoking Cessation Service.
Further support can also be provided by the following organisations:
- specialist advice from the national Smokefree website
- download a Smokefree app such as SF28 or Smoke Free by David Crane.
- call the NHS Smokefree helpline on 0300 123 1044 (open 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 11am to 4pm weekends)
- Public Health England's One You Campaign has been created to help you get back to a healthier you, supporting you to make simple changes towards a longer and happier life. One You provides tools, support and encouragement every step of the way, to help improve your health right away.
- the NHS Smokefree Facebook page provides a forum to meet successful quitters and other individuals embarking on the same journey as you. There are also live Q&A sessions where Smokefree advisors will answer all of your stop smoking questions.
- The No Smoking Day Forum also provides a supportive environment for you to share your quit journey with others, get support and share successes.
Find out about the effects of smoking Shisha.