Apply for free school meals
To apply for free school meals your child has to attend a Harrow school and be aged between 5 and 18 years.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you child moves to a different school, you will need to inform the new school that your child receives free school meals, so that they can update your details.
Funding for schools
If your child qualifies for free school meals, the school which they attend could benefit from up to £1320 additional funding to support their learning. For more information please contact the school which they attend.
Free school meals during the COVID-19 pandemic
Below are useful links to government guidelines regarding free school meals during the COVID-19 pandemic: