To apply for free school meals your child has to attend a Harrow school and be aged between 5 and 18 years.
They will be entitled to free school meals if you receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income based Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Child Tax Credit - if your income is below £16,190
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (this is paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit). If you are receiving Working Tax Credit your child will not be entitled to free school meals
If you child moves to a different school, you will need to inform the new school that your child receives free school meals, so that they can update your details.
Funding for schools
If your child qualifies for free school meals, the school which they attend could benefit from up to £1320 additional funding to support their learning. For more information please contact the school which they attend.
Free school meals during the COVID-19 pandemic
Below are useful links to government guidelines regarding free school meals during the COVID-19 pandemic: