Coronavirus jobs and volunteering opportunities
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) emergency is evolving daily and it is having an unprecedented impact on our community.
That’s why we need you to help your community during this difficult time, and there are many organisations that need help.
The Xcite Team are working with supermarkets, NHS and other sectors to bring you job openings and volunteering opportunities.
See the full list of job opportunities below. For enquiries and to apply, please email your CV to [email protected]
A range of other retailers and organisations are calling out for support in this current crisis, they include:
- Pinner High School - Looking for IT apprentice to support and assist staff and students with a range of IT and network support.
- Longfield Primary School – Looking for a teaching apprentice to support teachers to manage and support pupils with their learning.
- Metropolitan Police - Offering degree level apprenticeship as Police Constable.
- Office for National Statistics Census - Looking for managers and officers to support the community to complete online and paper forms.
- Army - Range of roles and full training provided
- Hermes - Self-employed couriers
- OCS - Cleaners supporting a range of hospitals, offices and retails sites
- Sweetcroft Care Home - Looking for urgent cleaners.
- Metro Bank – Various roles within London and Middlesex areas
- Shosec - Looking for security staff supporting the retail sector across London
- Caterer - Provides a number of hospitality roles across London
- Metroline – Looking for Trainee Bus Drivers and experienced drivers
- Proman - Various roles within the warehouse and food manufacturing across London
- Teletec - Looking for temporary home based Customer Service representatives.
- SL Complete - Looking for IT Business Executives to generate new leads and develop own IT skills.
- Novus Altair - Looking for security officers and stewards for events across London.
Thousands have signed up to help the NHS in the fight against Coronavirus.
There are still opportunities available to help keep our most vulnerable safe and well including at the 111 call centre and the following roles:
- Service adviser
- Health adviser
- Senior health adviser
- Integrated urgent care/NHS 111 team leader
- Clinical adviser and senior clinical adviser
- London Northwest HealthCare - Various roles available from nursing to administration
- Care UK HealthCare - Looking for permanent NHS 111 call handlers for their Southall office.
If you’re DBS checked, you may be able to help support a number of Harrow Care Agencies and Care Homes looking for immediate support workers for temporary and permanent roles.
- Care Assist - Looking for Various Healthcare professionals
- Affinity Trust
- Sweet Croft Residential Care Home
- Barchester Home Care
- Home Instead
- Cygnet HealthCare – Looking for Mental Health and Nursing Staff
- Care UK HealthCare - Looking for Nurse Practitioners at various locations across London
From delivery drivers, on-line assistants, stock room and sales assistants to cleaners, there are a number of supermarkets in Harrow and the surrounding areas (Ruislip, Watford, Uxbridge) recruiting extra temporary part/full time staff to start immediately.
The following supermarkets are hiring:
- Co-op - General assistants needed at the Northolt, Carpenders Park and Wembley stores.
- Sainsbury's - Kenton store are looking for experienced temporary home delivery drivers with good customer service skills.
- B&M Stores
- Iceland - General assistants and drivers needed at the Harrow Weald and Wealdstone stores.
There are hundreds of volunteering opportunities available to help our most vulnerable residents get the support they need during this crisis.
You can help with anything - from driving to distributing urgent food and supplies, befriending, to taking calls and supporting unpaid carers or even teaching carers how to use digital platforms to stay in contact with loved ones.
The following opportunities are available:
- Voluntary Action Harrow
- Harrow Carers
- Felix Project
- NHS Volunteers
- Village - Buy, Sell and Help locally
Make productive use of the time spent at home, and set yourself up for a brighter future.
Self-isolation can also be an opportunity to shift your focus and improve your skills.
Check out these free on-line packages for you and your families: