Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
Council and Voluntary and Community Sector Relationship
This Memorandum of Understanding is an agreement between Harrow Council and the Voluntary and Community Sector that defines the shared leadership role for both partners and the specific shared commitments that will underpin a strong working relationship. This Memorandum of Understanding is based on the findings of the January 2018 Rocket Science review into Strengthening the Relationship between the VCSE and the Council. This Memorandum is not intended to be legally binding, but all partners are expected to act in good faith in accordance with this Memorandum.
The partners acknowledge and agree that:
Harrow should be home to a resourceful and collaborative voluntary, community and social enterprise sector which works alongside the public and private sectors to meet local needs and deliver the best outcomes for residents.
- We will work in partnership to deliver the best outcomes for residents
- We will improve monitoring and evaluation and share data and intelligence to better demonstrate impact to funders, residents and partners and develop a shared understanding of need in the borough
- There will be early engagement, collaboration and co-production on the design and delivery of the agreed priority areas of need
- We will review services in a timely manner to ensure they remain fit for purpose given the changing needs and funding climate, and take the initiative to innovate to change things that are not working
- We will develop strong and representative infrastructure and engagement, arrangements that provide a unifying voice for each partner and enable issues to be identified and addressed
- Co-produce the new vision for adult social care. Resilient Communities seeks to transform models of care by utilising community assets, strengthen local networks, streamlining pathways and giving better access to community resources.
- Social Value. Work to increase private sector investment into the community through social value
- Community Assets. Making the most of the physical assets - buildings and spaces and social infrastructure that are available in the borough
- External Funding. A more co-ordinated approach to securing external funding
The Harrow Community Partnership, comprising representatives from the VCS infrastructure organisations, the Council and other partners has been established to oversee the MoU, identifying how best to approach and take forward matters relating to the MoU which may require further joint working between the partners and be the forum where issues relating to the relationship between the council and the VCS can be aired, discussed and resolved.
Any changes to this Memorandum can be discussed at a meeting of the Harrow Community Partnership and agreed by all partners at any time.
This Memorandum will remain in effect until otherwise determined by the partners.
If you need support please contact:
Capacity building and fundraising support
Voluntary Action Harrow Co-operative