Overpaid council tax support

An overpayment is a benefit payment that needs to be paid back either partially or in full, because the wrong amount was paid to you.

If you have been overpaid council tax support you will have to pay back the amount that you were not entitled to.  We will deduct the amount of council tax support you have been overpaid from your council tax account and will send you a recalculated bill. The bill will show how much you will need to pay and when the payment is due.

What you should do if you disagree with a decision

If you disagree with our decision you can submit a dispute.

Council tax support dispute and appeals

Civic Centre