Our Leaving Care Team and your allocated worker can support you to stay healthy and look after your physical and mental health, by providing your with advice on:
- leading a healthy lifestyle.
- free or subsidised access to the Harrow Leisure Centre for open cases only.
- support you to register with a GP/dental surgery.
- give you information about health drop-in centres.
- support you to move from CAMHS to adult services.
- provide resources for the maintenance of emotional health and wellbeing, such as low mood or self esteem, via Harrow Horizons.
- advice on local counselling services.
- advice on paying for transports to health appointments.
- advice on help for payment of prescriptions.
- provide advice if you're affected by your own, or another's, substance misuse via Compass. Individuals over 18 should contact the Westminster Drug Project.
If you have any questions please contact the UASC leaving care team using the details below
UASC Leaving Care Team
Children Looked After health team
Specialist nurse: 01985 484 935
WDPAddress: 44 Bessborough Road, Harrow, HA1 3DJ
Young people's substance misuse service
Caryl Thomas ClinicAddress: Headstone Drive,
Mind in Harrow
Supports people with mental health problems. Provides a specialist Somali mental health advocacy service.Address: First Floor
132-134 College Road
Tel: 020 8426 0929
Harrow disabilities serviceAddress: Alexandra Avenue Health and Social Care Centre,
275 Alexandra Avenue,