We have a careers advisor linked to the leaving care team. They provide advice to people aged 16-19 who are unemployed (up to 25 if they have special educational needs). You can contact the Leaving Care team by calling 020 8420 9687.
We want to make sure every young person leaving care has the support to achieve their goals in life. We will ask you how you are doing and we will be ready to celebrate your achievements with you. In some instances we may provide you with assistance with expenses linked with employment, education and training.
We provide support with
- careers information advice and guidance.
- support to access the 16 to 19 bursary fund which supports young people participating in education. It provides individuals with up to £1200 a year during term time. This bursary is administered by further education colleges.
- work experience opportunities, apprenticeships and employment.
- a Higher Education bursary of £1000 a year for 3 years. See the Leaving Care Charter for further details.
- financial help with the cost of transport to training, school, college, apprenticeships or job interviews.
- support to buy tools, equipment, essential clothing, and books when necessary
- support if you choose to go to university and help you choose the right course and university that matches your talents and interests. We will also help you to obtain student finance, maintenance loans, travel costs during term time, and make sure you have somewhere to live during the holidays. For clarification see Leaving Care Charter.
- the chance to attend and help organise celebration events when young people achieve education, training and employment milestones.
For vacancies information please use the following resources:
UASC Leaving Care Team
Harrow Youth StopAddress: 21 Pinner Road
Harrow Virtual School
The telephone line is currently closed due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)