How to make a complaint about your childcare provider

If you are concerned about child care standards or any child protection issue, first you should raise it formally with the childcare provider. If you're not satisfied with the outcome you can then make a formal complaint to Ofsted.

Ofsted can investigate complaints or concerns about:

  • the quality of childcare provided by Ofsted registered childcare providers including childminders
  • childcare providers who are not currently registered with Ofsted but require registration

Ofsted does not deal with issues regarding your childcare contract. If you need advice about contract disputes you can seek legal advice from Harrow Citizen’s Advice Bureau.