Council Tax Support overpayments

An overpayment of Council Tax Support takes place when you are paid more Council Tax Support than you are entitled to or you were paid Council Tax Support but you was not entitled to it.

If you have been overpaid Council Tax Support you will have to pay back the amount that you were not entitled to.  We will add the amount you have been overpaid to your Council Tax account and will send you a recalculated bill. The bill will show how much you will need to pay and when the payment is due.

What to do if you disagree with your entitlement

 If you disagree with the amount of Council Tax Support you are entitled to you can submit a dispute. Further information can be found on the Council Tax Support disputes and appeals page.

Council tax support dispute and appeals

Civic Centre