Housing Benefit disputes and appeals
If you disagree with your entitlement to Housing Benefit you can submit a dispute.
Before you submit a dispute you may want to check and confirm the reason your Housing Benefit entitlement has changed.
How to submit a dispute
To submit a dispute you will need to provide the following information:
- the date of the decision you are asking us to review - you can find this on your Housing Benefit letter
- the reason you believe the decision is wrong
- any evidence to support what you are telling us - please write your claim reference number on any documents you send in
You need to provide all of the above information for us to consider your dispute.
You must submit your dispute within one month of the date your claim was assessed. The date will be on your Housing Benefit letter.
To submit a dispute you will need to:
- log in to your MyHarrow Account and have your supporting documents ready to upload
- link your claim to your account, if you haven't done so already. If you need help to link your claim, follow the steps on the MyHarrow Account page.
If you prefer you can submit your dispute by posting a letter to the Housing Benefit disputes and appeals office.
Checking the progress of your dispute
We aim to make a decision on your dispute within eight weeks of us receiving it.
You can check the progress through your MyHarrow Account. If we have finished assessing your dispute, we will send you a letter informing you of our decision.
You will be able to view the letter on your account. If we have made a change to your claim and your entitlement has changed, we will send you a decision notification.
You will be able to view the decision notification letter on your account. If you haven’t been sent a new letter or decision notification, it is likely we are still assessing your claim.
What to do if you disagree with the result of your dispute
If you disagree with the result of your dispute you can submit an appeal. Before you submit an appeal please read the appeal guide.
To submit an appeal please complete the appeal form.