Providers of adult social care

A 'provider service' is any organisation, agency, group, or individual, that supplies a service in the community, home, or hospital.

The agencies providing the services will often be different, depending on what is required. For instance, you are unlikely to be able to obtain practical support in the home from an organisation that specialises in providing residential or nursing care.

Also, some organisations specialise in providing services to particular individuals or care groups. For example, the HAD provides services to people with a disability, and Harrow Carers provide advice and information to people who are carers.

List of services and agencies

The list below provides details of local care services. You can also visit the Care Quality Commission website which provides a database of care homes and care services.