Apply for an in-year school place

To apply for an immediate school place for your child, during the school year (September to July), you will need to complete the in-year application form. This may be because you have recently moved to Harrow or that you would like your child to change schools for other reasons.

You can read information on how to apply for an in-year school place and details of school admission arrangements for each school in the:

Children moving to the UK

Please read the guidance on applying for a school place for a child who is moving to the UK.

Supporting documents

If you do not pay Council Tax in Harrow you will need to submit documents to provide proof of your address.


When you complete your application you can choose up to six schools. Each school can be added to your list only once. Before you proceed with your application you can:

Apply for an in-year school place

Faith schools

To apply for a place at a faith school you will also need to complete a Supplementary Information Form in addition to the application form. Find out more about faith schools.

Receiving the outcome of your application

If a place is available at the school you would like your child to attend, you will be sent a letter offering you a school place. You will need to contact the school to accept the offer within 5 days. If we are unable to offer you a place at one of your preferred schools and you live in Harrow, we will offer you a place at the nearest school with a vacancy.

Waiting lists 

If your child is not offered a place at the school of your first preference, they will be automatically placed on a waiting list. This will be for all the other schools which you ranked at a higher preference than the school where you received an offer. Waiting lists are ranked in the priority given in the admissions arrangements. Places are offered from the waiting lists as they become available throughout the year.

You can check your school waiting list position online.

Schools outside of the borough of Harrow

If you would like your child to attend a school outside of the borough of Harrow, you will need to contact the borough the school is located in.