The annual 'Know Your Numbers!' campaign, which runs until Sunday 11 September, is UK's biggest blood pressure testing and awareness event.
Community pharmacists are experts in medicines, and, as trained clinicians, they are available every day of the week to advise on matters of health. In addition to dispensing medicines, they provide a whole range of clinical services.
You can walk into your pharmacy and request a blood pressure check if you are:
- Aged 40 years and over without a current diagnosis of high blood pressure
- Under 40 with a recognised family history of high blood pressure, at the pharmacist’s discretion
- Between 35 and 39 years if offered advice by the pharmacist
- Any age and referred by the GP for a blood pressure check
About the campaign
The theme for 2022 is: Measure. Modify. Manage.
- Measure your blood pressure to see if it’s under control.
- Modify your lifestyle if necessary.
- Manage your blood pressure and your health to beat ‘the silent killer' as it is known,
High blood pressure increases the risk of having a heart attack or stroke, but early detection and treatment can help people live longer, healthier lives.
Many people choose to monitor their blood pressure at home – it’s easier than you think. Find out more about home monitoring.