Harrow council has been awarded ERDF funding from the Welcome Back Fund to support the return to high streets safely and help build back better from the pandemic.
The fund can be used to help boost the economy of local high streets and neighbourhood shopping areas.
As part of the funded activities there will be a Welcome Back weekend market on Pinner High Street on Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th October 2021.
The market will provide existing local businesses the opportunity to remind customers about their offer and promote their businesses.
It will be free for local businesses to have a stall. The stalls and trading tables will be supplied.
The market stalls will be available to all Pinner businesses, although with a plan for 60 stalls, a mixture of traditional kiosk / counter stalls and gazebos, allocation will be structured to ensure high standard, high affordability and mixed commodity / product categories approach.
In addition to the stalls the Welcome back market will also have children’s rides, entertainment and activities
The benefits for local businesses include:
- A great opportunity to take part in the Welcome Back market activity
- Ability to promote all or part of your business to local consumers, reminding consumers of what Pinner, and nearby centres, has to offer
- Free additional trading space, with trading facilities provided
- Applications (see overleaf to register your interest) will be open to all Harrow based SME businesses, priority will be given to businesses located in Pinner and the neighbouring areas of Hatch End and Rayners Lane.
- The market will provide a mix of product categories, representing our great high streets, with a balance of traditional and new products and services.
- The market will compliment and not compete with the existing offer on the high street
- The market will trade from 10.00 until 17.00 on both days
Businesses wanting to apply for a market stall should complete and return the trader’s application to Mike Evans at The Retail Group: [email protected]
You will be contacted by the market operations team about the outcome of your application and the next steps.
If you have any questions about the Welcome Back Fund or the market please contact the Welcome Back Fund Project Manager, Mavis Kusitor via email: [email protected] or call 07926 073 791.