We know many of you have been wondering when your garden waste collections will start again.
We are pleased to announce that Garden Waste collections will start again from the week commencing Monday 11th May.
Thank you for your patience throughout this Covid-19 emergency.
If you are signed up to the 2020/21 Garden Waste service your brown bin will be collected every two weeks from the date above on your usual bin collection day.
If you are unsure when that is, please check your collection day online.
Here’s what you need to do with your brown bin(s):
- Your Garden Waste sticker must be stuck to your bin so crews can see it
- It’s green for annual and pink for summer
- Your bin may not be collected without a valid sticker on it
- If you have already subscribed and paid for the garden waste service, your sticker will be sent out to you prior to your first collection. If you have subscribed and paid for the service, but do not receive your bin sticker, you can order a sticker online.
- Make sure your bin is out by 6.30am on your collection day;
- Is placed on the edge of your property and
- Only has flowers, plants, grass, leaves, twigs or thin branches in it.
We will refund you for the collections missed during the suspension of the service and this will be paid within three months.
For further details about your garden waste service, please visit our frequently asked questions.
The Civic Amenity site is still closed until further notice, but we hope to have this open again very soon.
In the meantime, please continue to follow all government advice to protect yourself and others. Please stay safe and take all necessary precautions.
New sign ups
If you are not currently signed up, you can subscribe to the Garden Waste Annual Service. Once signed up your collections will start mid-June.