Designated premises supervisor

Any premises where alcohol is supplied under a premises licence must have a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) to supervise alcohol sales.

A DPS can designate (usually in writing) other people who can sell alcohol under the authority of their own personal licence.

The DPS will not necessarily be the premises licence holder, although this may sometimes be the case.

It is expected that they will be the point of contact for the premises at all times for licensing authorities, or the police or fire services if problems occur at the premises.

Update information about a DPS

To change a DPS, you must send the licensing authority the following:

  • an application to vary a premises licence to specify an individual as a DPS.
  • a designated premises supervisor consent form.
  • both parts of the premises licence
  • the fee of £23

The application form must be sent to our licensing team. You should either include a cheque for £23 made payable to Harrow Council or provide a daytime telephone number on which we can contact you to take a credit/debit card payment.

Resigning as a DPS

Online applications

To resign as a DPS you must send a notification to the licensing authority and to the person who holds the premises licence.

Submit the notification online

Paper based applications

If you are making your application via a paper form, send it to the address below:

Licensing Officer
Metropolitan Police 
Harrow Police Station
74 Northolt Road