General interest resources
The resources listed below are useful for research and general interest:
- Access to Research: A wide range of academic articles and research in public libraries across the UK. It can only be accessed from the library PCs.
- Ancestry library edition: Discover your family history with the world's largest genealogy website. Find family history including the UK & Ireland Census collections 1841-1901, plus birth, death and marriage records. Ancestry can only be accessed from the library computers - just ask for details on your next visit to your local library. Login with your membership number and PIN will be required.
- 1881 UK Census: View information on the 1881 UK Census collections.
- Family tree creator: You can use the family tree creator to create your family tree and connect with your family story.
- Oxford Dictionaries: Oxford Dictionaries Premium offers comprehensive language guidance in English. You can also get grammar guidance, check synonyms, explore word lists and word origins, together with access to language resources, including New Hart’s Rules, New Oxford Dictionary for Writers and Editors, and Garner’s Dictionary of Legal Use. Log in with your Harrow library membership number.
- Britannica junior encyclopaedia: ages 5-11.
- Britannica student encyclopaedia: ages 12-18.
- Britannica adult encyclopaedia: ages 18+.