You need to have a library membership card to access our Wi-Fi
By using this service, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You will not hold the London Borough of Harrow liable for any damages or actions which may result from your use of this service. We do not guarantee that this service will work on every computer or with every wireless network adapter. This service is provided as is, with no warranty expressed or implied.
- You are responsible for making sure any equipment you use to access the service is:
- suitable for use with the service
- adequately protected against external threats including but not limited to
- meets any instructions for its use.
- The service does not prevent you from having extra security e.g. firewalls on your equipment.
- We cannot guarantee access to any Wi-Fi access point for you to use the service, or guarantee that service will continue to be available from any Wi-Fi access point.
- Occasionally, for operational reasons we may have to: interrupt the service and if we do so, we will restore it as quickly as we can; change the code or access numbers; or make minor changes to certain technical specifications, including any data-transfer limits which may be associated with the service.
- The service may be impaired by geographic, atmospheric or other conditions or circumstances beyond our control.
- Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that the service will never be faulty.
- Due to the nature of the service, you accept that we cannot guarantee the security of the service against unlawful access or use. You should make sure that you have adequate security to prevent unlawful access to your computing equipment or disclosure of confidential information.
- You accept that we have no control over the information transmitted via the service and that we do not examine the use to which you put the service or the nature of the information you send or receive. We have no obligation to compensate you for such information and such use.
- You accept that we do not guarantee the integrity, authentication and confidentiality of the information, files and data (including credit card numbers and PINs) you may wish to exchange over the internet.
- You will not use this service to access networks that do not belong to you, or that you would otherwise not be entitled to access.
- You must not use the service or allow the service to be used:
- in any way which breaks any law or the conditions of any licence or rights of others, or our Public Internet Use Policy (which we may amend from time to time)
- to make offensive, indecent, menacing, nuisance or hoax calls or to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, or use any material which is offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing
- in any way that we reasonably think is, or is likely to, adversely affect how we provide the service to you or any other Library users.
- We have no responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) to compensate you (whether or not we are negligent) for any direct financial loss, loss of profit, revenue, time, anticipated savings or profit or revenue, opportunity, data, use, business, wasted expenditure, business interruption, loss arising from disclosure of confidential information, loss arising from or in connection with use of the service or inability to use or access the service or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the service at any time or damage to physical property or for any other similar direct loss that may arise in relation to this agreement whether or not we were advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- We do not guarantee that the service will be compatible with your equipment or any software that you may use. We cannot guarantee performance of the internet or that you will be able to use the internet. Using the internet is at your own risk.
- No download of illegal, protected or copyright material.
- You may not use or visit pirate websites or other services designed to infringe copyright.
- You may not use or visit proxy websites or other services designed to avoid filtering.
- You may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photos or other content via the Service.
- You may not use the service to create or disseminate: malware, viruses, trojans, bots, spambots, worms, logic bombs or for cybercrime of any kind.
If you do not agree to these conditions, you must not use this service.