Social housing in Harrow

Supporting documents for social housing application

In order to make a social housing application you will need to provide all these documents. You can upload them via Locata.

Supporting/verification documents

  • Birth certificates or valid passports or naturalisation certificate or UK Residence Permit or EC/EEA ID card for everyone included on your housing application
  • Current tenancy agreement (if applicable)
  • 1 utility bill showing your current address if applicable
  • 2 recent consecutive bank statements (last 3 months)
  • Proof of any benefits you might be in receipt of OR Pension – i.e.award letter, benefit book, bank statement
  • 2 recent consecutive wage slips (if applicable)


You may also be asked to prove if you are about to become homeless and to provide:

  • Eviction paperwork: Section 21 Notice
  • Written letter. Please allow 28 days from parents, family or friends

For care leavers, prison leavers or people with social care support

  • Letters to you from solicitor/inland revenue/social worker/probation officer     
  • Bank or building society recent statement (last 3 months transactions)

If you have medical needs

  • Proof of pregnancy: ante-natal paper work preferred
  • Doctor’s letter: all medical information should contain a diagnosis
  • Specialist and consultants report: your condition(s), prognosis of your needs