Harrow Homelessness Reduction Board
The Harrow Homelessness Reduction Board (HHRB) is responsible for working together to tackle and reduce homelessness and rough sleeping in the local area.
What the HHRB does
- brings together relevant local strategic and delivery partners
- ensures a strategic, joined-up approach to reducing homelessness and rough sleeping in the area
- shares information and local intelligence related to homelessness and rough sleeping
- maps homelessness and rough sleeping services, referral pathways and customer journeys
- reviews data to target resources and measure progress in reducing homelessness and rough sleeping
- identifies homelessness and rough sleeping challenges in the area. This includes identifying those of specific groups such as people with specific needs or protected characteristics.
- agrees, delivers and evaluates actions, solutions, services and interventions
- explores opportunities for external funding and joint-commissioning
- agrees, delivers and monitors an action plan to implement Harrow’s Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy
- informs the review of the council’s housing and homelessness strategies.
Harrow’s Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy objectives
- Prevent homelessness through advice, support and the use of personalised housing plans
- Reduce the number of households in temporary accommodation
- Help people access economically realistic housing options
- Provide extra help with housing advice and options to vulnerable groups
- Support rough sleepers to find housing solutions and access other key services
- Communicate key homelessness messages to residents and professionals.
Operational Subgroup of the Harrow Homelessness Reduction Board
The operational subgroup of the HHRB is made up of partners who are working with those who are homeless or rough sleeping. The subgroup meets to discuss operational issues and service delivery challenges.
- Housing advice leaflet
- Losing your home leaflet
- Know your rights when renting leaflet
- Duty to refer
- Housing options leaflet
- Single households
- Mental Health
- Hospital discharge
- Prison leavers
- Care Leavers
- Sanctuary Scheme (domestic abuse)
- Homelessness; early prevention
- Helping Rough Sleepers - Severe Weather Emergency Protocol leaflet