Emergency accommodation is a very limited resource which can only be offered to those who are roofless and have a priority need.
You will need to pay for the accommodation although you may be entitled to Housing Benefit. If you are placed in emergency accommodation it is not a shortcut to being rehoused permanently.
The emergency accommodation might not be in Harrow.
If you believe you are about to become homeless you should immediately contact the assessment team. Contact details at the end of this page. We will do everything we can to prevent you from becoming homeless.
- Offer emergency accommodation while we carry out enquiries and assess your application.
- Provide you with support if you have identified support needs, while you are placed in emergency accommodation.
- Offer you temporary accommodation after investigations have been completed if we decide that we have a duty to re-house you and your household.
If you have been placed into temporary accommodation this does not mean you will be offered a council or housing association tenancy soon, as the waiting times for this type of accommodation is likely to be many years.
The emergency accommodation which we offer for households includes:
- bed and breakfast hotels
The temporary accommodation we offer includes:
- properties privately leased from private landlords
- voluntary sector housing
- properties leased from a housing association
Homeless Assessment team
You can contact the Homeless Assessment team by completing the online form below. If you are homeless on the day or your enquiry is urgent, you can speak with a housing advice officer between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday on 0208 424 1093. For emergencies outside these hours, including weekends - calls to this number will be diverted to the Emergency Social Services duty officer who, will be able to assist you with your housing situation.
Firm Foundation serviceAddress: Trinity Church