What are planned works?
We have a programme for major works for various sites across the borough
Homesafe 3 is a programme of works which focuses on block security and fire and safety compliance. We will be carrying out works to 433 flats and 65 blocks of work. It is the third programme of its kind, after Homesafe 1 and 2 were delivered successfully previously.
What are the planned works?
These planned works will include:
- Installation of new flat entrance doors, store and service cupboard doors (FD30 fire doors)
- Installation of new video entrance handsets with 24/7 resident-controlled access
- Installation of fire, smoke and monoxide detectors within your property
- Installation of new communal entrance doors
- Installation of emergency communal lighting
- Rewiring to landlord common parts areas.
- Relocating bin stores and/or remove refuse chutes to improve block fire safety and promote recycling.
When will these works begin?
The planned works began on 9th January 2023 and will cover the areas outlined below.
West area (From January 2023)
- Alexandra Avenue
- 1-12 Arundel Court
- 1-22 Park Gates
- 25a 37b Pinner Green
- 1-12 Tregenna Court
Central area (From July 2023)
- 40 – 47 Bancroft Gardens
- 4 – 7 Baslow Close
- 58 – 212 Francis Road
- 1 – 23 Juxton Close
- 1-10, 29 Northolt Road
East area (From December 2023)
- 1-8, 9-24, 53-76, 89-115, 116-121 Beatty Road
- 10 –18 Brockhurst Close
- 14 -25 Kipling Place
- 2 –18 Waleran Close
Who will be carrying out the works?
The planned works are being carried out by WG Wiggintons Ltd, our partnering contractors. Wiggintons will be contacting residents in relation to surveys and installations as the works proceed.
Residents affected by the works were invited to meetings on 11th and 12th October 2022.
Residents in the central area were invited to a meeting on Monday 20th March 2023.
If you have any further questions please contact Patrick Micallef (Resident Liaison Officer).
Patrick is available between 8am–4pm Monday to Friday by:
Mobile: 07970 080 133. (For voicemails please provide your name, address and contact number)