The Coronavirus Hardship fund

The Coronavirus Hardship Fund: Support for Council Tax

In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, the Government have allocated funds to local councils to support residents financially.

Harrow Council will use some of this funding to support residents who are struggling to pay their council tax with a reduction of up to £150.

If you are of working age and in receipt of Council Tax Support as at 31st March 2020, you have now automatically been awarded the reduction and new bills should be received in the week commencing 18th May. In total 6437 residents will benefit from this and have been awarded a total of £962,029 to support them through Covid-19.

For all new Council Tax Support claims made and awarded in the year 2020/21, we aim to make the additional reduction within four weeks of your new claim. You will be sent a new bill as soon as is practical, in the meantime please continue to pay your current bill.

Awards are made at the discretion of the council on a case by case basis. There is no right to appeal against the council's decision. Funding for the scheme is limited and awards will only be made while funds remain.