Home improvement noises
We expect residents to take reasonable care not to carry out DIY after 8pm and before 8am so as not to cause a disturbance.
If you are experiencing noise nuisances from DIY work we suggest:
- Having a friendly word with your neighbour about the problem where you feel safe doing so. If you are unsure how to approach them please refer to our 'top tips for approaching neighbours.'
- Completing our noise diary sheets with dates and times of the incidents of persistent noise. You can upload the diary sheets to our noise reporting form. Once we receive your report, we will contact you to discuss your complaint and agree an action plan.
Report a noise nuisance
To report a noise nuisance on line you will need:
- information about what the noise nuisance is
- information on the occurrences of the noise such as time patterns
- details of where the noise nuisance is coming from