Dog barking or howling
Whilst it is natural for dogs to bark, constant barking, whining or howling can be disturbing or upsetting.
The problem often occurs when the dog’s owner is out of the property and therefore is unaware that a problem exists.
If you are experiencing issues with dogs barking or any other animal sounds we suggest:
- Having a friendly word with your neighbour about the problem where you feel safe doing so. If you are unsure how to approach them please refer to our 'top tips for approaching neighbours.'
- Completing our noise diary sheets with dates and times of the incidents of persistent noise. You can upload the diary sheets to our noise reporting form. Once we receive your report, we will contact you to discuss your complaint and agree an action plan.
If you have concerns about the welfare of a pet, please contact the RSPCA.
Report a noise nuisance
To report a noise nuisance you will need:
- information about what the noise nuisance is
- information on the occurrences of the noise such as time patterns
- details of where the noise nuisance is coming from