Save on your energy bill
Do you want to save on your energy bill and ensure that your home is warm in the winter and cool in the summer?
The Green Homes Grant: Local authority delivery scheme (GHG:LAD), funded by the secretary of state for business, energy and industrial strategy, is here to help.
Seven London boroughs have joined together to carry out smart energy efficiency retrofits on up to 700 homes across the participating boroughs. Those living in the coldest and least efficient properties may be eligible for up to £10,000 of grant funding. This is to cover the installation of efficiency measures, such as low carbon heating systems, insulation, and smart heating controls.
To be eligible
- Your home must have an energy rating of E, F, or G. To check your Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating and efficiency recommendations visit visit the EPC Register.
- To participate in the first phase of the GHG:LAD scheme, you must have a total annual household income of £30,000 or less, inclusive of benefits
- You must live in one of the seven participating boroughs: Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hounslow, Lambeth, or Kensington and Chelsea. Other local area schemes may be available for residents of other boroughs.
How to take part?
- Registration: sign up at Green Doctors. It only takes a few minutes and is completely obligation free.
- Confirm eligibility: you will receive a screening call from our team to confirm your eligibility by asking you a few questions about your income, benefits status, and household
- Property assessment: A certified retrofit assessor will visit your property to create a whole house energy efficiency plan and personal recommendation to make your home more energy efficient
- Agree to works plan: You confirm which works are to be carried out and agree to a start date for installation to begin with the scheme manager.