Local elections give Harrow residents the chance to choose who represents them, regarding the running of local services.
You can vote in local government elections if you have registered to vote, are 18 or over on polling day, and hold any of the following statuses:
- a British citizen living in the UK
- a qualifying Commonwealth citizen living in the UK
- a citizen of the Irish Republic living in the UK
- a European Union citizen living in the UK
- registered to vote as a Crown Servant
- registered to vote as a service voter
To check when deadlines are for registering to vote please see the electoral registration timetable.
What is a 'qualifying Commonwealth citizen'?
Qualifying Commonwealth citizens are those who have leave to enter or remain in the UK or do not require such leave.
Who cannot vote
You cannot vote in local government elections if you are a British citizen living abroad and are registered as an overseas elector.
Register to vote
To register to vote, please go to the individual electoral registration page.