Compliments and complaints

We welcome feedback about our services, because your comments contain valuable information which can help us to improve them. For more information please see our customer service standards page.

How we define a complaint

We define a complaint as an expression of dissatisfaction about council services, our actions, lack of actions, or the standard of our work, provided directly by the council or by one of our contractors. If you are dissatisfied with the way we've dealt with you, we want you to tell us, so that we can, where possible, sort the problem out.

What the complaints procedure does not cover

As some services have their own separate processes, we cannot respond to all complaints under this procedure. If we are unable to investigate your complaint for this reason, we will let you know and advise you what the correct process is. Examples of the sorts of issues not covered by our corporate complaints procedure include:

  • day to day service requests or reporting faults (for example a faulty street light)
  • where an  appeals procedure exists to deal with the issue, such as an appeal concerning a parking ticket, a planning application or a Housing benefit decision
  • formal complaints about the service, or a lack of service, provided by the Adult's or Children's services departments, for which there are statutory complaints procedures
  • where the council has no power or duty to provide service 
  • complaints about councillors 
  • complaints about schools

For an overview of complaining and providing the council with feedback, you can also download our:

Giving compliments

You may want to congratulate us or an individual officer for a job well done or service provided. If you wish, we'll thank you for taking an interest in our staff and services within 10 working days of receiving it. We'll also pass on your compliments to the relevant service area and encourage others to follow similar ways of working. 

Submit a compliment or complaint

To compliment or complain about Harrow Council's services please use the button below.

Submit a comment or complaint

Complaints about schools

Complaints about schools are raised directly with the school concerned. You can find the schools' contact details on our schools and learning page.

Complaints about councillors

To make a complaint about a member of the council, you should complain directly to the Standards Committee of Harrow Council. Read more about councillor complaints.

Motor accident claims

If you have suffered damage to your vehicle and/or a personal injury for which you believe the council is responsible then you have the right to make a claim against Harrow Council. For more information visit our motor accident claims page.

Make a motor accident claim

Personal injury and damage to property claims

If you have suffered a personal injury and/or a damage to your property for which you believe the council is responsible then you have the right to make a claim against the council. For more information visit our personal injury claims page.

Make a personal injury / damage to property claim