Coronavirus jobs and volunteering opportunities
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) emergency is evolving daily and it is having an unprecedented impact on our community.
That’s why we need you to help your community during this difficult time, and there are many organisations that need help.
The Xcite Team are working with supermarkets, NHS and other sectors to bring you job openings and volunteering opportunities.
See the full list of job opportunities below. For enquiries and to apply, please email your CV to [email protected]
From delivery drivers, on-line assistants, stock room and sales assistants to cleaners, there are a number of supermarkets in Harrow and the surrounding areas (Ruislip, Watford, Uxbridge) recruiting extra temporary part/full time staff to start immediately.
The following supermarkets are hiring:
- Co-op - General assistants needed at the Northolt, Carpenders Park and Wembley stores.
- Sainsbury's - Kenton store are looking for experienced temporary home delivery drivers and online assistants with good customer service skills.
- B&M Stores
- Iceland - General assistants and drivers needed at the Harrow Weald and Wealdstone stores.
Thousands have signed up to help the NHS in the fight against Coronavirus.
There are still opportunities available to help keep our most vulnerable safe and well including at the 111 call centre and the following roles:
- NHS/Carers - Urgent care workers needed to support residents and care homes
- Service adviser
- Health adviser
- Senior health adviser
- Integrated urgent care/NHS 111 team leader
- Clinical adviser and senior clinical adviser
- London Northwest HealthCare - Various roles available from nursing to administration
- Care UK HealthCare - Looking for permanent NHS 111 call handlers for their Southall office.
If you’re DBS checked, you may be able to help support a number of Harrow Care Agencies and Care Homes looking for immediate support workers for temporary and permanent roles.
- Care Assist - Looking for Various Healthcare professionals
- Gold Care Homes
- Affinity Trust
- Sweet Croft Residential Care Home
- Barchester Home Care
- Home Instead
- Cygnet HealthCare – Looking for Mental Health and Nursing Staff
- Care UK HealthCare - Looking for Nurse Practitioners at various locations across London
Apprenticeships and job opportunities
A range of other retailers and organisations are calling out for support in this current crisis, they include:
- Metropolitan Police - Offering degree level apprenticeship as Police Constable.
- Hermes - Self-employed couriers
- Army - Range of roles and full training provided
- OCS - Cleaners supporting a range of hospitals, offices and retails sites
- Hops Labour Recruitment - A supplier in seasonal labour to the land-based industry
- Sweetcroft Care Home - Looking for urgent cleaners.
- Metro Bank – Various roles within London and Middlesex areas
- Shosec - Looking for security staff supporting the retail sector across London
- Caterer - Provides a number of hospitality roles across London
- Metroline – Looking for Trainee Bus Drivers and experienced drivers
- Proman - Various roles within the warehouse and food manufacturing across London
- Teletec - Looking for temporary home based Customer Service representatives.
- Protocol Education - Looking for teachers and teaching assistants to support local schools with remote and classroom based learning.
- Pinner High School - Looking for an IT Apprentice to support the network team to manage technical and software issues, full training provided.
- SL Complete - Looking for IT Business Executives to generate new leads and develop own IT skills.
- Novus Altair - Looking for security officers and stewards for events across London.
There are hundreds of volunteering opportunities available to help our most vulnerable residents get the support they need during this crisis.
You can help with anything - from driving to distributing urgent food and supplies, befriending, to taking calls and supporting unpaid carers or even teaching carers how to use digital platforms to stay in contact with loved ones.
The following opportunities are available:
- Voluntary Action Harrow
- Harrow Carers
- Felix Project
- NHS Volunteers
- Village - Buy, Sell and Help locally
Make productive use of the time spent at home, and set yourself up for a brighter future.
Self-isolation can also be an opportunity to shift your focus and improve your skills.
Check out these free on-line packages for you and your families: