Christmas Support Payments for wet-led pubs
Please note that the closing date for applications is 28th February 2021 and no late applications may be considered.
On 1st December 2020 Central Government announced additional support for wet led pubs who were in Tier 2 or Tier 3 areas between 2nd and 29th December 2020. A wet led pub is defined as where the income for food sales is less than 50% of the total income for the business.
This is a one-off payment of £1,000.
For further details, see the Christmas Support for wet-led pubs policy
To qualify you must confirm and provide evidence that
- As at 11th March 2020 or earlier less than 50% of your total income was from food sales.
- If your business did not start trading until after 11th March 2020 that less than 50% of your total income was from food sales.
- You were the ratepayer as at 1st December 2020
- You were trading as at 30th November 2020
- You have not already received grants which would exceed the maximum levels of State Aid permitted.
- Your business is not in administration, insolvent or in the process of being struck off
- Your business must normally be open to the general public, allow free entry other than when occasional entertainment is provided, allow drinking without requiring food to be consumed and permit drinks to be purchased at a bar.
You will need to provide the following:
- a completed Christmas Support Payments application form
- a copy of your trading accounts demonstrating you meet points 1 and 2 of the above criteria
- a current bank statement dated within the last three months showing the account number, sort code, account name and branch details
You can submit your application using the business rates evidence upload form.