The services that will be available from 20th December 2020:
- Returning of books and other stock items that are currently on loan. Trolleys will be available at the entrance to libraries and we would ask you to place your items on these.
Until we can open libraries for browsing we will be providing two options to borrow library items:
Order and collect service
You can place orders in advance for up to 10 items with either specific titles, preferred areas of reading e.g. Crime, Science-Fiction, favourite authors, subjects you would like, or age groups for children’s books.
For Order and collect titles please do not visit the library until you have been notified your items are ready for collection. This will be by prior arrangement and a date and time slot for collection will be provided. Orders must be collected from the entrance to the library.
Find out more about our order and collect service.
The usual reservation service will be available for individual titles. We would just like to advise any titles not in stock within Harrow may take a little longer than usual to obtain.
The services that will not be available
- Browsing of stock
- Public computers
- Study space and seating areas
- Public toilets and baby changing areas will not be in use
- Newspapers and magazines
- Group events such as storytime and reading groups
- We are unable to sell parking permits and bio-bags at this time.
- The enquiry service
Library opening times:
Pinner, Stanmore and Wealdstone libraries opening times:
Please note that all libraries will be closed from the 24th December 2020 to the 5th January 2021
Other Harrow Libraries will start offering similar services after the initial pilot, however Gayton Library will not be re-opening as this library will be relocating to the new Greenhill Library in the near future.
Access to online services
Online library services are available:
- We have thousands of eBooks, eAudiobooks, digital newspapers, magazines and comics
- We have a wide range of online resources
- We have recommended resources to help with home schooling, health & wellbeing, activities and culture
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, Newspapers and digital magazines/comics
- General interest and research sites
- Children’s resources
- From RB Digital: Online courses – a wide range available including languages, lifelong learning, personal enrichment.
- IndieFlix – a streaming movie service free for library members with award winning films, classic tv, box office hits
- Qello – the world’s largest collection of music concerts and documentaries
For more information see Free digital newspapers, magazines and eBooks.
If you are not already a library member you can join a library online.
You will be given a temporary membership number which will allow immediate access to our online services.
Useful resources while social distancing is in place
We have put together a range of online resources which you can use to entertain yourself or your family while libraries are closed. Updated on a weekly basis you will find information on homework help for children, culture and activities, health and wellbeing as well as recommended reads and information on how to access our eBooks. For details see Harrow library resources toolkit.
Follow Harrow Libraries social media accounts. We are offering a range of library services online. Keep up to date with library news, watch a storytelling session or craft activity, join in with our LEGO club. We are in the process of setting up a virtual book club. Follow our Twitter and Facebook accounts for more information:
Enquiries can be made by email or telephone. Please see our library branches page for contact details.