We are pleased to announce the all Harrow libraries will re-open as from week commencing 12th April 2021.
Initially libraries will be open on reduced hours, mornings only. Please see full list of opening times below.
Library services that will be available:
- Returning of books and other stock items that are currently on loan. Trolleys will be available at the entrance to libraries and we would ask you to place your items on these.
- Limited browsing of stock:
- Browsing will be allowed for a maximum of 15 minutes per person. We would ask library users to limit the number of books they touch to the minimum. Please be aware of the time limits as we can only allow a small group of library users in the building at any given time.
- Ready Reads lucky dip bags:
- For those who prefer not to browse, staff will have prepared collections of 6 books that will be mixed fiction, genre fiction, popular subjects such as cookery, gardening, biographies, as well as collections of children’s books by age. These will be in carrier bags and staff will have worn gloves while selecting titles. Library members are welcome take a lucky dip and grab a bag of books which can be issued in bulk at the kiosk.
- Please note titles cannot be swapped for others – the intention is to borrow the entire surprise collection to reduce the handling of books.
- Limited use of the public network computers:
- Computers must be pre-booked by contacting the library in advance. Sessions are limited to 45 minutes. All computers are sanitised between use. Library users will be asked to wear gloves which will be provided on arrival.
- Reservation service: the usual reservation service will be available for individual titles. We would just like to advise any titles not in stock within Harrow may take a little longer than usual to obtain.
- Enquiry service and new memberships.
- Sale of parking permits and bio-bags.
ThLibrary services that will not be available:
- Study space and seating areas
- Public toilets and baby changing areas will not be in use
- Newspapers and magazines
- Group events such as storytime and reading groups
Greenhill library opening times:
Kenton, Pinner, Roxeth, Stanmore and Wealdstone libraries opening times:
Access to online services
Online library services are available:
- We have thousands of eBooks, eAudiobooks, digital newspapers, magazines and comics
- We have a wide range of online resources
- We have recommended resources to help with home schooling, health & wellbeing, activities and culture
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, Newspapers and digital magazines/comics
- General interest and research sites
- Children’s resources
For more information see Free digital newspapers, magazines and eBooks.
If you are not already a library member you can join a library online.
You will be given a temporary membership number which will allow immediate access to our online services.
Useful resources while social distancing is in place
We have put together a range of online resources which you can use to entertain yourself or your family while libraries are closed. Updated on a weekly basis you will find information on homework help for children, culture and activities, health and wellbeing as well as recommended reads and information on how to access our eBooks. For details see Harrow library resources toolkit.
Follow Harrow Libraries social media accounts. We are offering a range of library services online. Keep up to date with library news, watch a storytelling session or craft activity, join in with our LEGO club. We are in the process of setting up a virtual book club. Follow our Twitter and Facebook accounts for more information:
Enquiries can be made by email or telephone. Please see our library branches page for contact details.