Following the announcement from the Government that in line with stage 4 of the roadmap to recovery, legal restrictions will be lifted from Monday 19th July, Harrow Libraries will begin increasing services.
While infection rates remain high Harrow Council guidelines are that we should maintain Covid security measures in our buildings which means we will re-introduce services gradually.
We will be reviewing the situation on a regular basis and will provide updates as and when additional services are able to be resumed.
Our priority is the safety and wellbeing of our library customers and staff and apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please see full list of opening times below.
From Monday 19th July 2021 changes to library services include:
- Opening hours will increase
- Library users will be asked to continue wearing face coverings while in the library and to use the hand sanitiser on arriving and leaving the building
- We will still be collecting Test and Trace information either by inviting library users to scan the NHS QR code, or by providing details to staff on arrival. We would ask all of our customers to support this but you will still be welcome to use the library if you prefer not to provide contact details
- Time permitted for browsing of stock will increase to 30 minutes and there will be an increase in the number of people who can use the library at any one time
- More public computers will be available for use, however sessions are still limited to 45 minutes to allow staff to sanitise the equipment between use. We would also ask customers to wear gloves which will be provided on entry.
- Study space remains available but time permitted will increase to two hours. Spaces may be pre-booked by contacting the library in advance. Your study area will have been sanitised between use. Spaces available:
- Greenhill & Stanmore Libraries: 5
- Kenton Library: 4
- Pinner, Roxeth & Wealdstone Libraries: 3
- Meeting rooms will be made available for hire, but there will be a reduction in the capacity for each room to allow for social distancing. Please contact the library directly for more information
- The usual enquiry and reservation services will continue as well as sale of parking permits and bio-bags.
Library services that will not be available:
- Soft seating areas
- Public toilets and baby changing areas
- Newspapers and magazines
- Group events such as storytime and reading groups
Greenhill library opening times:
Pinner and Roxeth library opening times:
Kenton, Stanmore and Wealdstone library opening times:
Access to online services
Online library services are available:
- We have thousands of eBooks, eAudiobooks, digital newspapers, magazines and comics
- We have a wide range of online resources
- We have recommended resources to help with home schooling, health & wellbeing, activities and culture
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, Newspapers and digital magazines/comics
- General interest and research sites
- Children’s resources
For more information see Free digital newspapers, magazines and eBooks.
If you are not already a library member you can join a library online.
You will be given a temporary membership number which will allow immediate access to our online services.
Useful resources while social distancing is in place
We have put together a range of online resources which you can use to entertain yourself or your family while libraries are closed. Updated on a weekly basis you will find information on homework help for children, culture and activities, health and wellbeing as well as recommended reads and information on how to access our eBooks. For details see Harrow library resources toolkit.
Follow Harrow Libraries social media accounts. We are offering a range of library services online. Keep up to date with library news, watch a storytelling session or craft activity, join in with our LEGO club. We are in the process of setting up a virtual book club. Follow our Twitter and Facebook accounts for more information:
Enquiries can be made by email or telephone. Please see our library branches page for contact details.