New Discretionary Small Business Grants
Harrow Council has paid its first tranche of applications from the discretionary fund aimed at small businesses and charities that do not qualify for one of the current business grant schemes.
Grants of £10,000 will be awarded to ensure a significant impact to help businesses. The funds awarded to Harrow for the discretionary grant are sufficient to help around 1% of businesses in the borough. The allocation to Harrow means we will not be able to support all those businesses that we would wish to.
We will award grants to businesses regardless that you may or may not have applied for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, however your business must be one of those below:
- Sole trader or Micro businesses (as defined by defined in Section 33 Part 2 of the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 and the Companies Act 2006) in shared offices or other flexible workspaces e.g. units in industrial parks, science parks and incubators which do not have their own business rates assessment;
- Early Years Nursery
- Regular market traders with fixed building costs, such as rent, who do not have their own business rates assessment;
- Charity properties in receipt of charitable business rates relief which would otherwise have been eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief.
As well as the above your business must satisfy the following criteria:
- Employ between 2 and 9 people at the time of application. This will include furloughed employees.
- Trading for 12 months prior to 1st June 2020
- Demonstrate a 50% loss of income as a result of Covid 19
- Work from part of a property, with a rateable value or annual rent or have annual mortgage payments below £51,000.
- Have a Harrow trading address
Please ensure you meet the above criteria.
Exclusions: where businesses do not meet the above criteria and also:
- If your business has received cash grants from any central government COVID related scheme. Such schemes include but are not limited to the Self Employment Income Support Scheme and the Small Business Grant Fund,
- Companies in administration, that are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made.
All information provided on application forms will be checked for accuracy.
Please read the council’s policy on this scheme to ensure you are eligible to apply. Do not make more than one application as this may invalidate your application.
Applications are now open.