You may be entitled to up to 15 hours a week of free early years childcare with an approved provider. The entitlement starts the term after your child’s second birthday. It is for 15 hours per week over 38 weeks or 570 hours over a year.
To qualify you must meet either criterion A, B or C.
Criterion A: Economic: Children whose parents/carers are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support.
- Income based Job Seekers’ Allowance (JSA).
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).
- Universal Credit - if you and your partner have a combined income from work of £15,400 or less a year, after tax.
- Tax Credits provided you have an income of £16,190 or less a year, before tax.
- The guaranteed element of the State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act.
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
Criterion B: Children looked after by the Local Authority:
- Child in Care ‘looked after’.
- Child Leaving Care in Special Guardianship, adoption or child arrangements order (previously residence order).
Note: Social Worker details are required to verify eligibility for Criterion B.
Criterion C: Child with Special Educational Needs and/or Disability as defined by:
- Children in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA).
- Child with a current Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEND).
- Child with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan.
Note: Documentation copies are required to verify eligibility for Criterion C.
Families Information Service
Lines open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays. Telephone: 020 8901 2690 (option 1)Address: Civic Centre