Providing evidence for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

Proof of rent and tenancy

You will need to provide:

  • your tenancy agreement
  • rent book
  • rent receipts

 If you are unable to provide your tenancy agreement, you will need to provide:

  • the landlord declaration (to be completed by your landlord), or
  • a letter from your landlord - the information must show who your landlord is, when the tenancy started, the amount of rent you pay and how often this is due. If there are service charges included in your rent (for example, water) then we will need a full breakdown of these charges.

The evidence must be signed by you and the landlord.

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support Office

Civic Centre