What Social and Leisure Activities are available?
To find out about social and leisure activities available in Harrow, visit our Leisure and Culture page.
Other services such as after school and holiday clubs, visit our Family Information Service page. For activities and short break activities for children and young adults with disabilities, visit Harrow Short Breaks Service Directory.
For service providers supporting people with learning disabilities and their families, visit Harrow MENCAP.
Social and leisure activities for young adults
Please view the following list of social and leisure active for young adults:
- Deaf Drop in Club at HAD every month (Wednesdays) - (Tel: 020 8861 9920/Textphone: 07985 244 177)
- arranges communal get together of children and young people with learning and physical disabilities and their carers (mainly parents). (Tel: 020 8903 7501/Mobile: 07774 24 16 06)
Website: Deaf services at HAD. See accessibility details on Disabled Go.
- Changes Nightclub
- an integrated nightclub for people with learning disabilities and their friends (Tel: 020 8861 9920/Textphone: 07985 244 177)
Website: Changes Nightclub. See accessibility details on Disabled Go.
- Ashiana Trust Limited
- activities for young people with learning disabilities.
Website: Ashiana Trust
- The Youth Wellbeing Project (MIND)
- Empower people in Harrow aged 18 - 30 to become Peer Educators. (Tel: 020 8426 0929 ext 315).
Website: Youth Wellbeing Project
- Harrow Communities Click
- Communities Click is a mutual network that will provide a membership offer to any resident of Harrow over the age of 18 (Tel: 020 8861 9191, Textphone: 07985 244 177)
Website: Harrow Communities Click
- Harrow Museum
- All the buildings are listed by English Heritage, and the site as a whole is a Scheduled Ancient Monument. Harrow Museum hosts a series of free temporary exhibitions throughout the year.
Website: Harrow Museum. See accessibility details on Disabled Go.
- Is a nationwide campaign that aims to capture the excitement of sport, providing opportunities for teenagers and young adults to receive 6-8 weeks of sport. (Tel: 020 8424 1069).
- HUDC Youth Club (Harrow United Deaf Club)
- Harrow Youth
- Local Young Peoples Activities directory (Tel 020 8424 1812)
Website: Harrow Youth
- Aspire Leisure Centre
- Aspire Leisure Centre is the first fully integrated Training Centre in Europe for disabled and non-disabled people. (Tel: 020 8954 5759)
Website: Aspire Leisure Centre.
- Harrow Leisure Centre
- Harrow Leisure Centre is a large facility that provides an extensive range of activities to the local community. (Tel: 020 8901 5980)
Website: Harrow Leisure Centre. See accessibility details on Disabled Go.
- Neighbourhood resource centre (NRC)
- day services for people with learning disabilities. Services are only available after an assessment of your needs from Harrow social services. (Tel: 020 8901 2680)
- Autism friendly Cinema
- The Vue Cinema hosts an Autism Friendly Film at 10:00am on the last Sunday of every month. They also have social stories for each cinema along with a synopsis for this month’s film. (Tel: 08712 240 240).
Website: Vue Cinema- Accessibility. See accessibility details on Disabled Go.
- Swimming for disabled people.
- Ignite Trust
- Activities such as dance, after school clubs and specialist activities for particular groups.