Employment and Training in Harrow
The organisations below can provide information and advice on employment and training:
- Remploy Aims to help expand the opportunities for disabled people in sustainable employment within Remploy and the communities it serves.
- Job Centre Plus Disability Employment Advisors provide work preparation, job introduction scheme, access to work – financial help to purchase work related equipment and paying for a support worker.
Visit Job Centre-Plus
- Skill Up Project (Harrow Mencap) The Skill Up Project will work with young people aged 18-25. The project offers skills training with practical experience and volunteer placements.
- Apprenticeships Apprenticeships offer young people opportunities to have real work experience training next to experienced staff
- Voluntary Work There are lots of opportunities to volunteer in the Harrow area:
- Reed in Partnership Helps people to overcome barriers to employment and find work.
- The Princes Trust Offers a range of services to help young people with their career ideas
- Royal London Society for the Blind Helps people who are blind and partially sighted to gain access to employment.
Visit Royal London Society for Blind
- Shaw Trust Services for people with various kinds of disabilities or medical conditions, including work placements.
- Kennedy Scott Organisation helps people to overcome barriers including disability to find work.
- Care Trade Organisation helps people with autism over 18 into employment and training.
- Dimensions Services for people with learning disabilities and people who experience autism including support for work.
Visit Dimensions - supported employment