FAQs about the electoral register
What details appear on the register?
- your name
- your address
- a marker that
determines which elections you can vote in
- the date of your 18th birthday if you are under 18
Will my details be used for anything apart from elections?
There are two versions of the electoral register:
- the 'full register' - this is only used for:
- preventing and detecting crime
- checking applications for credit
- the 'edited register' - this is available for general sale and can be used for commercial activities such as marketing.
Your name and address will appear on the full register, but you can choose on the registration form whether you want them to appear on the edited register.
Can I register anonymously?
Yes, but you will need a valid reason for so doing. You should apply with supporting documents such as Court Orders to Electoral Services.
Anyone who has concerns about their name appearing on the electoral register should contact Electoral Services.
Can I search the electoral register online?
Where can I see the register?
You can view a full copy of the register at any local library in Harrow.